Our client, located in Plano, Texas, is an emerging growth corporation, specializing in the development and manufacturing of reliable, high-performance electronic component products. They are seeking a reliable, skilled CNC Machinist that is comfortable in a progressive, highly technical environment. This position is on second shift and the candidate selected must be flexible to possibly work some weekend shifts. The candidate selected will be responsible for machining parts according to specifications for company use by programming, setting up, and operating CNC vertical machine centers. The candidate selected will also make offset adjustments, replace tools, and measure parts for consistency to blueprint tolerances.
This position is Monday thru Thursday, 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. with optional available overtime on Friday & Saturday.
Candidates must have strong attention to detail as well as excellent communication skills, including good verbal and written communication and legible handwriting skills.
- Enter daily production into database system.
- Responsible for several machines on each shift.
- Complete part inspections at beginning of shift.
- Set up machines and write/edit programs as needed.
- Monitor shop supplies, including tooling, lubricants, etc.
- Execute basic daily machine service checks.
- Deburr parts as needed.
- Remove any buildup of chips at end of shift.
- Tidy work area during and at the end of shift to include machine, work bench and floor.
- Provide detailed notes documenting any changes made or difficult areas with part production.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Five years or more experience in CNC Machining, Fabrication, Manufacturing and/or Production industries.
- Understanding of proper set up and operation of vertical machine centers.
- Knowledge of writing G-Code and working with GD&T
- Familiarity with precision measuring tools and equipment, including CMM.
- Knowledge of safety and OSHA requirements.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Strong understanding of best practices in customer service
- Ability to work unpredictable hours as required - often on short notice.
- Team player; ability to work well with others within department and with other departments.
Biter & Associates, LLC is a professional firm specializing in direct-hire recruiting/ placement and human resource services.
You must be able to provide a minimum of 3 professional references, a verifiable work/education history.
Candidates must pass a criminal background check and a drug screen.
Candidates for this role must be a U.S. citizen