Our client, a nationwide steel manufacturer, has an immediate need for a second shift CNC Machinist to join our winning team in Buffalo.
Our candidate of choice will be responsible for producing machined parts by setting up and operating computer numerical controlled (CNC) machines, maintaining quality, efficiency, and safety standards as well as maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters.
- Sets up mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and conditional switches, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry, proving part programs.
- Sets up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, and attachments.
- Verifies settings by measuring first run parts and sample work pieces, adhering to established standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling, and thread chasing operations, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains equipment by completing minor preventive maintenance requirements, notifying maintenance of issues and completing maintenance request forms.
- Maintains continuity between shifts by communicating job status, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Completes production and quality logs as required
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Handles miscellaneous duties as required
- Must be able to grasp conceptual items
- Must be able to follow G Code
- Participate in process improvement
- Must have good communication skills
- Possess a good mechanical aptitude
- Applies tooling coordination requirements
- Gives attention to detail
- Must be able to stand, stoop, bend, twist, reach, as well as wrench parts
Please apply today to be one of the first people considered for this position!
Elgen Staffing is the fastest growing staffing agency in New Jersey. With a deep understanding of today's hiring trends and technologies we have the ability to leverage the most effective recruiting methods to find the best candidates across numerous markets and industries and place them into the appropriate position successfully. Please allow us to help you find your dream job today!