Sets up and operates numerical control machine to cut, shape, or form metalwork pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following.
- Plan machining of production mold or other components by reading and understanding provided program sheet and engineering drawing.
- Using an engineering drawing to select proper material from existing raw stock to create mold or other mold components.
- Properly set-up raw stock in CNC for machining. Doing this by using clamps, vises, mounting plates, etc.
- Set up cutting tools in tool holders and install tool holders in proper positions within the tool changer as indicated on program sheet.
- Properly set-up CNC for machining including setting tools heights, zeroing work piece, and monitoring machining process.
- Conduct troubleshooting, problem analysis, and machine and tool testing as needed.
- Regularly conduct preventative maintenance on machinery and tools. Check tool cutting surfaces, spindle and way oil and keep machine filled with coolant.
- Attach fixture to machine bed and position and secure work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Load program into machine control or enter commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from existing database.
- Understand the use of machine controls to manually move X,Y, and Z axis as well as activate other manual machine functions.
- Observe and listen to machine during operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Change cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Measure work piece for conformance to specifications as called out on engineering drawing.
- Adjust machine feed, speed, and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Assist others within the mold shop when additional help is required.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
For the past 50 years, we have designed, manufactured and provided packaging solutions to some of the world’s leading brands and we do it with highly skilled, forward-thinking people who are equipped with the latest technologies. Please visit our website, www.TransparentContainer.com for addition information.
Transparent Container Offers:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Life and S/L Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Service Award Program
- Holiday parties and picnics...and more!
Transparent Container Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Related Keywords:
- CNC Machinist, LeBlond Makino
- Job Label: