AMS is a state-of-the-art hinge manufacturer. Our valued customers know of our 30 year commitment to quality and service as manufacturers of aircraft hinges. We manufacture hinges for most major aircraft, including DC-6 through DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, MD-90, C-17, P3C, L-1011, C5B, SR-71, KC-135, F-5, B-1, F-4, F-104, F-15, F-18, 707-777, U2, C130, 717, and many more.
>Position: CNC Machinist
Role and Responsibilities
Our Machine operator will produce various hinges based on job travelers and drawings. Will perform routine operations, including start-up and shutdown, load raw materials into bar feeder, and make necessary adjustments while maintaining minimal machine downtime. All products are to be produced at the highest level of quality to ensure accurate performance on aircraft.
• Monitors product quality through regular inspection intervals
• Troubleshoots and corrects minor problems. Replaces assigned tooling as needed (i.e., drills, taps, etc.)
• Performs manufacturing tasks (i.e., cleaning product)
• Records data on production documents and ensures all documentation is accurate and
complete (i.e., part numbers, revisions, quantities produced, run hours, etc.)
• Maintains a clean work area (work surfaces and floors)
• Has knowledge of and experience with CNC equipment
• Has ability to interpret and understand technical drawings and inspect parts