Walterscheid Powertrain Group in Woodridge, IL is currently seeking a CNC Machinist Lead Operator for 2nd shift (1:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.). The qualified candidate must be knowledgeable in the operation of CNC machines and be able to work from process routings, blueprints and verbal instructions.
- Coordinate production employees by:assigning work flow; assisting with training new operators; troubleshooting equipment problems; ensuring area is productive, neat and organized.
- Ensure Shopware is correct and review date for issues
- Ensure Fourth Shift & Mo's are current and correct inventory
- Use of lean manufacturing principles and continues improvement throughout all areas by participating in Kaizen, SMED and other continuous improvement events; recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, safety of employees and quality of product.
- Production Schedule and planning. Review of raw materials needed; Ability to adapt for changes in schedule.
- Through use of data, identify trends and issues relating to production and follow up with plans to improve.
- Able to set up and operate CNC machines required
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing, organization, planning, lean and people skills required
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Office software skills
- Good organization and communication skills
- Self motivated
- Strong leadership skills
We offer the following benefits:
- Lead Operator premium
- 2nd shift premium
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance available on the 1st of the month following date of hire
- Paid time off
- 13 paid holidays
WPG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status or military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability