Experienced CNC machinist needed
in Long Beach, CA!
cunico, founded in 1951, is the leading manufacturer of specialty fittings (nuclear/non-nuclear) piping systems and valves for the U.S. Navy. cunico has unique capabilities, focused on submarine and aircraft carriers. We are located in a new, state-of-the-art, manufacturing facility in Long Beach, California.
cunico specializes in nuclear fittings and non-nuclear fittings, mil-spec valves for the US Navy and the prime defense contractors for the Nuclear Submarines (SSNs), Nuclear Aircraft Carriers (CVNs), and U.S. Navy (USN) Surface Ships. Our products are also sold to the Navy of other countries worldwide.
Required skill set:
- Must program using Mastercam software.
- Must be able to operate CNC with MAZATROL or Fanuc controls.
- Six or more years of experience desired.
- Set up and operate several different CNC and engine lathesto shape complex, small-run parts made from stainless steel, carbon steel, Monel, Inconel, and titanium, among others.
- Interpret blueprints, manuals and other work instructions
- Perform first-article inspection to determine correctness of setup and finished pieces.
- Clean and perform basic preventive maintenance functions on machines, tooling and parts.
- Proficiency in use of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, dial calipers, depth gages, indicators and scales.
- Communicate with supervisors, engineers, production control employees and other personnel for assignments, and to resolve machining or quality issues.
- Use forklift, hoist, hand truck, and overhead crane to lift and position heavy materials.
- Understand and abide by industry and machine-specific safety standards.
- Inspect cutting tools for sharpness and usability.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to follow verbal and written instructions well.
- Must be able to stand for long periods and be adaptable to a changing work environment.
- Must be open to being exposed to noise, fumes, and varying temperatures.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions and must have strong finger dexterity.
- Must have basic math skills that include geometry and algebra to calculate material fabrication.
- High school diploma or GED.
- $24 to $32 per hour, which includes wage, medical, pension, SS, and medicare.
Send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
$24-30 per hour includes: wage, medical, pension, SS, and medicare