Responsible for setting up and operating multi-axis numerical control milling/turning machine to mill surfaces of metallic work pieces according to blueprint specifications and tooling instructions, and applying knowledge of machining methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up and operate 3, 4 and 5 axis CNC milling/turning machines according to instructions and engineering drawings.
- Understanding blue prints
- Experience performing setups and operating Lathes and/or Vertical Turning Lathes (VTL).
- Machine parts to tight tolerance
- Operate Manual lathes and Mills
- Knowledge of operating grinding and de-burring machines. Expected to work and communicate well with other team members and leadership as assigned in order to meet the goals of the project, the department, and the company.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign numbers to the materials and documents
- Utilize manual micrometres, callipers, dial indicators, depth gauges, automatic CMM and Comparator.
- General knowledge of GD&T
- Make standard shop computations in relation to dimensions and tooling requirements.
- Monitor quality of parts per given tolerance
- Other duties as assigned.
- +5 years of experience CNC turning and/or CNC milling departments within an Aerospace manufacturing environment required.
- Work experience related to the set-up and operation of CNC milling/turning machines.
- Experience interpreting blueprint dimensions and using measuring tools.