Our story is an American story; one that began in a tiny Chicago warehouse in 1918 and continues to this day. It’s a story built on hard work, innovation and old school values. And it’s built on a people first philosophy the people who handcraft each gasket and the people who rely on them.
The story of Fel-Pro is 100 years in the making. You could help us continue to write this story over the next 100 years. Let our story be your story.
With our people first philosophy, we encourage members of our family to participate in its continuing improvement. We embolden our members to ask questions or make suggestions that improve safety and processes. We also understand the importance of your own family, and offer benefits or bonuses for major life events such as marriage, the birth of a new child, and high school graduations.
Not only do we offer competitive pay, depending on the position requirements and candidate qualifications, we offer new members of our family:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Time and Holiday Pay
- Generous 401k with company match
- Clean and Air conditioned environment
- Employee Discount programs
- Free On-Site Gym
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much more…
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates whose applications show the skill set and background we are looking for. We will follow up your application with a telephone call, then if we feel there is a match we will schedule an in-person interview at our facility. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
3rd Shift: 10:10 PM - 6:10 AM, Mon - Fri
Operate CNC machining centers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up blocks and plates for machining; edit programs on the CNC machining centers
- Review CNC programs, tool prints, and steel for errors and develop a course of action to correct any problems
- Assess the best method of cutting the steel to produce the needed accuracies
- Maintain quality of parts through inspection and communication with fellow teammates
- Work with the tool designers, programmers, and tool assemblers to produce the necessary components
- Perform basic maintenance on CNC machining centers
- Work with mold Repair team and Tool Engineering to assist with any revisions of existing tools
- Identify process and equipment problems, and suggest improvements
- Follows the Quality Management System requirements in the tool room and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports quality problems and shuts down the equipment if unable to resolve.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Follows EHS rules and regulations, participates in safety meetings and CBT, and suggests ways for continual improvement.
- Promptly reports personal injuries and unsafe conditions and helps to resolve them.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and understanding of stamping dies, die construction, and component manufacture
- Ability to read and interpret tool prints. Ability to read and understand press cards, procedures, work instructions, safety rules and warning signs.
- Knowledge and experience at running CNC machining centers for the construction of die components
- Ability to analyze workload and capacities to determine the most efficient method of machining components to meet customer due dates
- Ability to use inspection tools such as micrometers, indicators, calipers, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 pounds on a daily basis.
- Ability to walk and move about, stoop and bend.
- Ability to stand for an eight hour shift.
- Normal or corrected vision necessary to read directions and closely examine parts; and to distinguish colors.
- Normal hearing in order to detect equipment, motor malfunctions, and oncoming truck traffic.
- Work in a shop environment with coolants, oils and cleaning agents. Use sharp tools and machines that are guarded in case of flying objects. Will need to wear PPE per tool room safety regulations.
- Work regularly with die handling equipment [hoists, die trucks, etc.], where carelessness could result in a serious injury. Serious injuries can be avoided if established safety precautions and work procedures are followed.