Stability and growth- Global-Tek Manufacturing serves many diverse industries which keeps business stable and our machinists constantly learning. We operate in two locations. In the United States and Puerto Rico.
Work Environment– Global-Tek Manufacturing believes in 5 core values (Quality Excellence, Can-Do-Attitude, Respect, HonestyHonestyH and being Generous).
- Produce machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine Mills/Lathes; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Employee must have 2-5 years of experience with Solidcam or Mastercam and Solidworks
- Understand program format, work from operational data (Departmental Process Plans) to set up and operate a CNC machine tool without assistance from others.
- Ability to safely cycle through CNC programs to check locations, tool clearances, fixture pick up locations and understand speeds and feeds for tools that are programmed for appropriate working conditions. And may include the following:
- Make changes to programs to adjust for conditions
- Read and understand Blue Prints and GD&T call outs
- Use a variety of measuring instruments to inspect parts at machine, and record data on inspection logs.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Controls and Instrumentation, Supply Management, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Details.
* Openings are available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift
* Medical Benefits Paid 100%.
* Relocation opportunities if needed
* Competitive Salary