At Globus, we move with a sense of urgency to deliver innovations that improve the quality of life of patients, inspired by the surgeons and healthcare providers who treat them.
Our world-class engineering works to transform clinical insights into tangible musculoskeletal solutions. We are constantly in pursuit of better patient care, and we understand that speed is critical because life cannot wait. Join us!
The CNC Machinist will operate Swiss Lathe machines to produce parts, according to the dimensional specifications of the approved drawings. Globus Medical is an ISO-13485 registered medical device manufacturer.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform all aspects of machining to include setup and operation of equipment, including: loading and unloading of parts from the machine; measuring and inspections; dimensional adjustments (offsets) as needed
- Accurately complete all quality control documentation and inspection sheets
- Follow verbal and/or written instructions such as blueprints, traveler, work instruction, process specifications, sketches, and direction from supervisor in completing a variety of machining and inspection tasks
- Learn Good Machining Practices, programming code, tooling, setups, and inspection techniques
- Work efficiently to achieve targeted goals; Resolve and or communicate problems and issues to the Production Supervisor
- Perform visual inspection on small parts with the use of a microscope
- Adhere to the letter and spirit of the company Code of Conduct, the AdvaMed Code, MedTech Code, and all other company policies. Ensure Compliance with applicable governmental laws, rules, and regulations, both in the United States and internationally, by completing introductory and annual training and maintaining knowledge of compliance as it applies to your role.
- Represent the company in a professional manner and uphold the highest standards of ethical business practices and socially responsible conduct in all interactions with other employees, customers, suppliers, and other third parties of Globus.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong mathematic skills in geometric and trigonometric formulas a plus
- Ability to read part drawings
- Above average manual dexterity and mechanical aptitude
- Organized and possesses the ability to multitask and to operate multiple machines
- Team player, open to new ideas, willingness to continually strive to increase personal knowledge and value; must also possess the ability to work with little or no supervision
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Globus Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.