Job Description: CNC Mill- Lathe Programmer/Setup
Programs, edit, set up and operates CNC machines to produce parts to customer requirements.
- Create programs for CNC milling and Lathes using Mastercam and/or Conventional Programming on Machines(Manual Guide I).
- Set up CNC machines and prove out programs with sample parts.
- Must be able to read drawings and understand requirements.
- Perform manual machining as required, Bridgeport milling and lathe.
- Perform first piece, and in-process inspection of parts against customer specifications using hand inspection tools, optical comparator, height gage, etc, before Quality Inspector signs off in order to move to next operation.
- Perform inspections to assist other operator’s parts/team environment.
- Follows travelers to completion of process steps, reports discrepancies if any during machining process.
- Works with all team members to accomplish daily tasks.
- Inspect CNC milling machines for proper operation and report any problems.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on CNC milling machines if required.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Assist with tooling needs/requirements from day to day.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all to work under in company.
- Comply with quality management system requirements.
- Make parts which meets customer specifications.
- Ensure work area is clean and organized and any problems with equipment are reported.
- Leadership throughout the shop environment is a must.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- CAD/CAM programming skills, Mastercam mill and lathe, etc (Conventional Programming – Manual Guide I).
- Good record keeping and organizational skills.
- Use of micrometers, calipers, optical comparators and other inspection tools, no exceptions.
- Basic geometric dimensioning and tolerance, GD&T.
- Setup and operation of CNC machines.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with CNC machines and part process issues.
- Understanding of machining methods and cutting tool capabilities.
- Understanding of speed and feed adjustments and effects on cutting conditions.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot when needed.
- Lifting and handling of precision parts throughout the machining process.
Specific Training Required
- Control of Non-conforming material and parts.
- CNC department process
- CAM programming experience, minimum of 2-10 years.
- Tooling knowledge, proper safe use per machine requirements.
- Secondary processes/deburring knowledge.
- High school diploma
- Vocational Machine Shop/Blueprint reading is a plus
- CNC milling/lathe machine operation
- CAM / Conventional programming
- General computer skills
- Inspection skills
- General machining
Decision Making (How much direct supervision is given)
We are looking for a leader that always wants to improve him/herself in manufacturing, working in a team orientated facility. Required to program, setup, run parts and inspect largely independently. Assistance available but should be able to troubleshoot problems and optimize process. This individual will have the ability to train other members of the team using his/her years of experience in a Machine Shop environment. We are a growing business and have the need for the right individual looking to work in a great environment.
Vice President /General Manager
- Must be able to lift and move heavy parts
- Standing/movement from job to job.