This is a position for a second shift (2:30 PM – 11:00 PM) CNC (Computer Numerical Control) horizontal milling operator to manufacture parts from raw material to completion per blue print, piece print or process instruction ensuring customer specifications are met or exceeded. Machines are set up by others – may require on the job training.
Horizontal Machining Centers offer the benefits of extra-large work envelopes coupled with outstanding accuracies. You will have long machine tool life along with the continuous accuracy and reliability necessary for you to get the job done.
The machines will be operating at SPM will be Mori Seiki, Kitamura Supercell, Daewoo DHM-400 & DHP-4000.
· Read traveler & review prints before beginning job.
· Perform mechanical tasks such as loading raw materials & piece-parts into collets, vices, work holdings, etc.
· Report to trainer or set-up personnel & make adjustments as required including changing worn tools & changing off-sets as instructed.
· Run production as instructed on a variety of horizontal or vertical mills.
· Visually inspect production for surface finish; burrs, scratches, rust & other defects.
· Trim, deburr & parts as required while running machines.
· Identify, use & interpret appropriate inspection device for part inspection.
· Separate rejected product for sorting & notify appropriate personnel when rejected product is detected.
· Timely & accurate completion of all paperwork associated.
· Verify, count & package completed production.
· Participate in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes & product quality.
· Maintain organized & clean work area.
· Communicate all problems & other work related issues to supervisor.
· Receive, understand & follow all written & oral instruction.
· Comply with all company policies & procedures in including safety and attendance requirements.
· Resolve day-to-day issues by working effectively with others.
· Other duties required to meet company needs as assigned.
· Read, write & communicate in English.
· Mechanical aptitude & basic math skills required.
· Ability to follow written & verbal instruction.
· Ability to learn how to operate equipment.
· Ability to learn to use & become proficient with Measuring Instruments.
· OSHA required training in Lock-out / Tag-out, Hazard Communication, Personal Protective Equipment & Emergency Evacuation.
· Able to read blue prints.
· In-house training on all assigned machinery & equipment.
· Must own basic tools:
o Micrometer & Caliper
o Allen Wrenches & Screwdrivers
o Crescent Wrenches
o Small Tool BoxJB.0.00.LN