Metals USA Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Gregor Technologies -- Torrington CT
Position Title: CNC Milling Machine Operator
Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Work Schedule: 1st Shift
Metals USA -- Plates & Shapes, Inc -- Gregor Technologies specializes in contract manufacturing for various commercial, defense and scientific OEMs.
The CNC Milling Machine Operator is responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) milling machine in a safe and efficient manner, maintaining quality and safety standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Sets up machine with the proper program, tools and material for specified part.
* Loads material into machine manually or with use of mechanical aids.
* Checks part to ensure accuracy to print.
* Adjusts program and machine settings as necessary to produce assigned product in accordance with verbal and written instructions to meet customer specifications.
* Notifies team leader immediately of any problems when running a part.
* Completes production paperwork, follows shop system data collection procedures and follows inspection procedures on a daily basis.
* Performs scheduled maintenance and inspection on equipment per machine specifications
* Maintains work areas in a clean, orderly and safe manner to include returning tools to designated areas.
* Notifies management of product discrepancies or equipment malfunctions, and or personal injuries.
* Regular and predictable attendance is required to perform the duties of a CNC Milling Operator.
* Adheres to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
* Adheres to Reliance Steel and Aluminum's Code of Conduct as well as customer confidentiality requirements.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Occupation requires physical activity more than 66% of the time (> 5.5 hours per day)
* Stand, walk, sit, handling/fingering, reach outward, reach above shoulder, climb, squat or kneel or bend
* Lift, carry, push and/or pull 51 -- 100 lbs. with assistance
Other Physical Requirements:
Must wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE)
* Steel-toed boots
* Hard hats with chin strap; chin strap must be worn on elevated surfaces
* Protective eyewear
* Hand protection
* Arm guards/sleeves
* Hearing protection if required by the hearing conservation program
May be exposed to some of the following working conditions.
* Working inside of the warehouse
* Oils, dust, fumes and metallic particles
* Day and night shifts
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Ability to comprehend oral and written communication
* Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, documents and blue prints
* Ability to read measuring instruments such as measuring tapes, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators and gauges
* Must be organized with attention to detail
* Must have mechanical aptitude and math skills
* Ability to demonstrate professionalism
* Computer Literacy with computer programming and CAD/CAM
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits package
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled