To set-up, operate or program various types of machines for production of piece parts for shelters to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
- Receives instructions both verbally and from detailed prints and routings
- Will be required to set-up and operate various Fabrication shop equipment to complete assigned tasks including lathes, drill press, , CNC turret punching centers (Trumpf, Strippit), various bench mounted equipment, shears, saws, punch press, radial drill, decoiler, band saws, gang press, press brake, rollers, tubing / pipe benders, routers, various bench mounted equipment, all types of hand tools, electric powered hand tools, air powered hand tools, hoists, cranes, lift trucks
- Performs operations that will include shearing, punching, forming, notching, boring, counter boring, , tapping, threading, milling, drilling, reaming, counter sinking, sawing, grinding, cutting, sharpening, chamfering, deburing.
- Assists with and/or constructs fixtures, jigs, tools, soft vise jaws, shop aids
- Will produce piece parts & parts for prototypes as well as parts for machine and building maintenance as needed.
- Assists with and/or performs repairs to parts on jigs, fixtures, dies and shop aids
- Assists with repairs to machines and equipment in Fabrication shop as requested or required by maintenance.
- All levels may perform other functions such as moving parts/material, loading/unloading, sweeping, cleaning, and various other assignments as needed
- Uses various measuring and inspection tools and equipment for piece part inspection, compliance, accuracy verification
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
- May be asked to work outdoors on occasion as well as in other Departments as needed or required by shop work load
Experience and Skills
High school graduate or equivalent
Must have sheet metal fabrication experience
Basic knowledge of shop math
Basic blue print reading
Fraction and Decimal conversion
Ability to read and understand measuring and inspection equipment, tools
3 years’ experience is desired