Produces machined parts by operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine. Our CNC operators will be expected to maintain quality, equipment and supplies, safety standards, and detailed records.
- Measure dimensions of finished work pieces to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and work pieces on machines, using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Stop machines to remove finished work pieces, or to change tooling, setup, or work piece placement, according to required machining sequences.
- Check to ensure that work pieces are properly lubricated and cooled during machine operation.
- Set up and operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform one or more machine functions on metal work pieces.
- Monitor machine operation and control panel displays, and compare readings to specifications in order to detect malfunctions.
- Clean machines, tooling, and parts, using solvents or solutions and rags.
- 1-3 years in experience in Machinist field.
- High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED) is required.
- Must be able to lift 80 pounds.
- Must read prints in order to Q/C work.
- Forklift certification is preferred.