As an Amphenol EEC CNC Operator/Programmer you will be responsible for producing machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. .
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform proper set-up and calibration procedures for all equipment and accessories to be used on projects.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, engineering plans, materials, specifications, drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; trimming heads
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Inspect the work area and machines that were used during the day prior to leaving at the end of each shift.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 5 years minimum experience and /or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently without daily supervision.
Here at EEC we have built a team of skilled professionals to provide the best possible product and service to our customers. Our team contains specialists in many areas including Product Realization, Tool and Mold Making, Precision Machining (CAD/CAM), Production Planning, Electrical Harness and Component Assembly.
Amphenol offers a competitive salary and benefits. The candidate must be able to legally work in the United States; we are unable to provide sponsorship. Amphenol is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.If you are interested in this great opportunity and possess the skills and experience necessary, we are eager to hear from you.