SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
- Able to be left alone and have good control of the CNC Lathe Machine.
- Understanding the dimensions of the product and making offsets to adjust accordingly.
- Understand the setup sheets.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot machining issues (chatter, steps, ect.).
- Ability to identify correct inserts per setup sheet.
- Understanding insert descriptions and their classifications.
- Capability of knowing and understanding when to change an insert.
- Ability to decide if shimming is required.
- Ability to shim.
- Understanding of pipe grade.
- Ability to read the steps on the connections (making adjustments to eliminate step on thread).
- Making proper edits to CNC programs (speeds, feeds).
- Meet and/or exceed productivity & FTY standards for the line as established by management.
- Capable of intermediate setups (existing connections, offsets, tools, chuck jaws, handling equipment).
- Ability to change inserts and continue to produce good parts.
- Understand all other shop functions (saw, swage, stress, end finish, quality).
- Ability to perform all PM'S/CCL's on Lathe and Conveyor/Threading Tables.
- Understanding of multiple product lines.
- Ability to read dial indicator gauge to indicate tooling.
- Ability to read a shaving condition.
- Demonstrate the ability to train a trainee (Entry) to CNC OperatorAble to gauge parts of product (seals, threads, MRP).
- Ability to read and understand inspector's log sheetUnderstanding the CNC machine program codes.
- Ability to collect data (insert test, coolant test, etc.).
- Any other duties as assigned by Manager/Supervisor.
- Ability to read, write and speak well in English.
- Ability to follow and understand all applicable safety standards outlined by the company.
- Understand Basic Math Skills (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals, fractions).
- Ability to understand and execute instructions well.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of (3) experience as a CNC Operator and technical degree/certificate in machining from a High School, Technical School or College.
- Ability to read blueprints, micrometers and other precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to lift up to (50) and push/pull up to (75) pounds.
- Testing is required.
Job Type: Full-time