Ft. Lauderdale Client is seeking a 2nd shift CNC Plasma operator. Working with different kinds of metals, stainless steel, steel.
* Read and follow process sheets and drawings to set up and operate burn machines and equipment.
* Operate hand and portable burning machines to produce parts from metal plates.
* Use rule/level/miter/square/dial indicator or square to measure angles and enter data into computer.
* Read and use standard and metric conversion chart.
* Read and work from blueprints and schematics. Recognize basic weld/bevel symbols, read and interpret dimensions, and interpret a Bill of Material (BOM) or component drawings and mini process sheets.
* Layout metal plate for portable beveling.
* Bevel, trim and grind metal plates.
* Stamp or mark numbers on parts or pieces.
* Inspect and mark materials for machining.
* Basic burning: understand oxy fuel and plasma system, gauges and processes including adjustments, speed, heat, and gas pressures.
* Identify plate thickness and read nomenclature put on metal. Understand MCC's identification/numbering system.
* Set-up and operate beveling machines, use and start hand torches, whirlybirds, power rolls and perform beveling with hand plasma or portable burners.
* Complete and maintain all required paperwork and ensure proper paper work follows parts.
* Ensure parts and materials are properly identified.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.