Develop the manufacturing processes and sequence of operations from customer supplied drawings, sketches, or blueprints by creating and maintaining CNC Programs, routing operating processes, and providing guidance and training to CNC Machinist though completion of first batch of parts or as needed during production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership through project management and establish new policies and procedures when proven necessary.
- Complete new part programming and job packets in a timely manner
- Manage, troubleshoot, and communicate problems during new job run-offs.
- Make improvements to programs and processes.
- Ensure that all documentation is correct during initial setups.
- Help manage correct setups, cycle times, and follow up on shop floor problems.
- Recognize and help reduce setup, cycle time, and tooling waste.
- Ensure proper process times are on all programs within the department.
- Conduct time studies and tool testing monthly.
- Spot check jobs for proper tool life usage and help keep tooling cost to a minimum.
- Stay current with tool crib processes and procedures.
- Train employees in all facets of machining, paperwork, Plex software, and Job pack.
- Create toolkits and job packs.
- Actively participate in the 5S program, which is to Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain in order to maintain a highly productive work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.