AMS is a state-of-the-art hinge manufacturer. Our valued customers know of our 30 year commitment to quality and service as manufacturers of aircraft hinges. We manufacture hinges for most major aircraft, including DC-6 through DC-10, MD-11, MD-80, MD-90, C-17, P3C, L-1011, C5B, SR-71, KC-135, F-5, B-1, F-4, F-104, F-15, F-18, 707-777, U2, C130, 717, and many more.
> Position: CNC Programmer
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for developing software programs that direct CNC (Computer Numerically Controlled) machines to cut and shape metal to produce components for airplanes and other industrial machined parts and tools. Using 3-dimensional computer designs (CAD models) and/or blueprints and specs that define the configurations of the required components. CNC Programmers use software programs to generate the program code that guides CNC machines to perform machining operations which result in precise finished components efficiently and safely.
You are responsible for using CAM software such as MasterCam to generate program code that controls the operations of the CNC Machines, such as Lathes EDM Laser or Water jet cutters. The program code will perform all series of machining operations (rough cutting, finish cutting, shaping, pocketing, profiling, turning, drilling, tapping, threading, deburr, etc.) in order to produce the required components
• Analyze job orders
• Review CAD models, drawings, blue prints, specs, mode line data, etc.….
• Calculate and determine where materials should be cut
• Define best sequence of machining steps
• Determine Tools, speeds, feeds, fixtures, tooling, shop aides needed
• Generate program code using computer aided manufacturing (CAM) software to capture all these
• Run Simulation Tests
• Conduct quality testing and correct/improve program code to increase efficiency, quality and
• Communicate with management, quality control, employees, to achieve this
• Is responsible for review and updating quality documents associated with shipments.
• Inspects materials in production for accuracy and efficiencies.
• Final inspection on all completed parts and incoming parts from outside processing prior to
preparing for shipment.
• Test & issue test reports for various lots as designated by upper management, and quality consultant
(example: Hardness Testing, Gage Testing, Calibration Testing).