Kaleidoscope is seeking a CNC Prototype Machinist to join our talented team. The individual will be responsible for prototype fabrication to support product development. This includes bringing a product from idea/concept through design, prototyping, development, testing and design verification. The candidate will be responsible for programming, setup and running all parts. The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create prototypes, models and rework parts with multi-axis CNC mills
- Operate CNC Mill Turn Lathes, and manual shop equipment including Proto-Trak mill, lathe, band saws, grinder, hand tools and measuring tools
- Partner with Engineers to debug parts
- Program parts using NX software
- Operate and set up machines to create complex quick turn prototype parts
- Perform frequent preventive maintenance on equipment
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Contribute to continuous improvement of operation process
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED, required; additional trade schooling desirable
- 5 years offline programming for CNC milling machines required
- Programming for wire EDM is desirable
- Ability to run standard shop equipment
- Must be able to Multi-Task
- Experience interpreting blueprints and using measuring tools.
- Self-Starter Self-Motivated
- Positive customer focused attitude
- Enjoys fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Flexible and willing to help others as needed
- Must be able to manage time to meet deadlines
- Desire to learn and grow within the company
- Able to run all standard shop equipment. Bridgeport, lathe, grinder and saws
- Must be able to work independently as well as being part of a team.
- Ability to hold close tolerance +/-.001
- Must be willing to work overtime
More About Kaleidoscope Innovation
As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates our work and the business partners we serve through the talents of the individuals who make up our team and share our vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as we work together to uncover meaningful insights; originate new ideas; and develop products, services and experiences that empower business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers, developers and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. Our team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest.
Interested in joining our progressive team of forward-thinkers? We’d like to talk with you.