KWM Gutterman Inc. is searching for a skilled and experienced hands-on CNC Setup Machinist to join our team. In this role, the successful applicant will be responsible for setting up and operating a variety of numerically controlled (CNC) milling machines. You will be working in a production environment where all jobs have a measured standard production rate that needs to be met, and you will be responsible for the quality of your own work.
Essential Job Functions
- Set-up, monitor, and troubleshoot various CNC machines (primarily milling machines).
- Follow setup instructions, verify supplied part programs, and make minor edits.
- Read and understand engineering blueprints.
- Inspect parts prior to QA submission and make necessary minor adjustments as needed to meet process prints.
- Train operators on machine functionality and inspection criteria / process (SPC).
- Monitor operator quality and productivity.
- Be responsible for safety, cleanliness, and scrap within designated areas.
- Organize, prioritize, and plan daily work assignments in a self-directed, changing environment.
- Have knowledge of basic shop math and GD&T.
- Use measuring tools like height gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, etc.
- Understand metal-cutting applications and good machine practices.
- Have a basic understanding and ability to edit CNC programs – G&M codes.
- Preferred experience:
- Machining aluminum and steel and maintaining tight production tolerances.
- Programming knowledge.
Relevant Milling Machines: