WALCO is currently looking for dedicated and experienced VTL (VERTICAL TURRET LATHE) Machinist to setup and operate our Dorries Scharmann machine. Perform highly diversified and complex turning, boring, drilling, tapping of products under computer control and contour milling. Load parts, cycles machine and detects malfunctions in operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools. Run production lots, inspect work, communicate with coworkers regarding production runs, and maintains safe, organized and clean work environment.
- 5 years set-up and operation of VTL equipment
- Must be able to do multiple setups daily.
- Must be fluent in G and M codes.
- Blueprint reading.
- SolidWorks and AutoCAD a plus.
- Siemens control a plus.
- Develop and demonstrate basic knowledge of 5S and Lean principles to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization.
- Commitment to continuous improvement through self-education and company sponsored training.
- Must be able to physically lift/push/pull objects up to 65lbs.
In addition to the opportunity to develop your talents in a friendly work community, the right candidate will enjoy:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield HMO or PPO health insurance
- Dental/Vision/Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid vacation and holidays
- 401K with company match
- Accidental Death and Life Insurance policy
- Tuition assistance
Training will happen during first shift but must be able to work 2nd shift (Monday Friday 3:00 PM to 11:30 PM).
Overtime is currently available.
WALCO Tool is an equal opportunity employer.