Join First Vehicle Services as CNG Bus Technician! We service CNG Transit Buses for Enterprise Rent-A-Car at LAX!
First Vehicle Services is proud to offer:
- Top hourly wages based on qualifications $21.00-$29.00/hr
- ASE bonus money!
- ASE training and testing materials provided
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence all across North America
- Excellent benefits package including company training, paid holidays & vacation, medical & dental, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment!
Diesel / CNG Mechanic major responsibilities:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to the First Vehicle Services standards.
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair.
- Removing, cleaning, repairing, reinstalling, and adjusting vehicle components (Engine Emission Components, Driveline Components, Electrical/Electronic Components, Brakes/Suspension/Steering/Exhaust, Cab/Chassis, and Hydraulics).
- Selecting appropriate course of action for repairs.
- Evaluating completed work prior to release, seeking supervisor approval where required.
- Ensuring safe use of power and hand-held tools.
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors.
- Actively participating in safety or educational training as required.
Diesel / CNG Mechanic requirements:
- Technical Training Preferred
- Valid CDL Class B
- Previous direct diesel or CNG repair experience required; Transit Bus experience preferred
- Willing to work shifts assigned (location is open 7 days a week)
- Basic computer literacy required to open work orders in company maintenance program
- Knowledge of Cummins Insite diagnostic software and capacity to follow troubleshooting guides
- Must have an appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Excellent communication skills
- ASE Certifications are preferred.
- Subject to background check and drug screen.
First Vehicle Services is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services at governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico.
Become a part of our team - Apply today!
First Vehicle Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status