Job Title: Co-Manager
Reports To: Restaurant General Manager
Position Type: Hourly, Non-Exempt
The Co-Manager has the shared responsibility of directing the daily operations of a restaurant that relate to Quality, Service, Cleanliness and Profitability of the restaurant to which they are assigned. This includes meeting or exceeding the standards set forth by KBP Bells, as well as food and brand standards established for franchisees by the brands. Co-Managers are responsible for delivering the highest quality products and services to our guests each and every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Grows sales by ensuring great operations.
- Works with the Restaurant General Manager to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDAR; utilizes available reports to identify opportunities; ensures that correct operational procedures are followed at all times.
- Controls profitability by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining proper inventory levels, managing labor, reviewing financial reports and taking appropriate actions in restaurant.
- Partners with the Restaurant General Manager to control day-to-day operations by forecasting sales, scheduling labor to budget, ordering food and supplies and developing the restaurant team.
- Ensures correct daily deposits are delivered to the bank.
- Effectively and efficiently leads a restaurant team within the policies and guidelines of the company to ensure customer satisfaction through exceptional Quality, Service and Cleanliness.
- Utilizes weekly and period goals to improve measurable results.
- Holds team accountable for serving hot and fresh food to every guest.
- Inspires and engages customers and Team Members alike.
- Executes and demonstrates through their actions the required processes that lead to passing Brand Standards and Food Safety audits.
- Represents themselves as Brand Ambassadors for current and potential employees of KBP Bells.
- Assists the Restaurant General Manager with recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of Team Members and Shift Managers.
- Coaches and trains Shift Managers and team members for operational excellence, utilizing the KBP Bells training programs; supports national training initiatives, is involved in the process for new employee orientation, monitors training processes to ensure quality training of Team Members and Managers.
- Conducts Team Member and Shift Manager performance appraisals on the anniversary date of the Team Member with the Restaurant General Manager.
- With the assistance of the Restaurant General Manager, Area Coach, and Human Resources as needed, conducts all restaurant-level Employee Relations (ER) activities. Provides needed ER assistance to all members of the restaurant team. Proactively addresses ER needs in the restaurant.
- Assists Restaurant General Manager in the delivery of Team Member and Shift Manager discipline, up to terminating employees for company policy violations as applicable.
- Understands and upholds all anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies and laws. Upholds zero-tolerance for harassment and discrimination by addressing issues, assisting with investigations and taking statements under the guidance of HR.
- Understands and demonstrates 100% of the time how cash, inventory and employee time is managed. Appropriately clocks in and out for each shift. Ensures Team Members clock themselves in and out for every shift and approves time daily.
- Understands and upholds federal, state and local labor laws.
- Provides a safe work environment by ensuring all OSHA, local health, fire, operational, human resource and safety compliance standards are met.
- Demonstrates teamwork and shares best practices with their peers.
- Creates a restaurant experience for Team Members and customers that you are proud of.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Effective oral and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Teamwork, customer focus, drive for results and time management skills.
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision- making skills.
- Functional understanding of business software and tools including: Excel, Outlook, HR, Payroll, POS and, Reporting.
- Demonstrates ability to simultaneously drive customer satisfaction, financial performance and employee satisfaction.
- The duties Co-Managers perform require a work schedule of approximately 50 hours per week.
- Must hold ServSafe Certification.
- Work a flexible schedule per the KBP Scheduling Policy.
- Must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Ensure every Peak period that a MOD (Co-Manager or Shift Manager) is available.
- Responsible for completing inventory counts.
- Ensure that the restaurant is kept clean and the team is providing an exceptional visit for our guests with friendliness and product quality.
- Correct any deficiencies from KBP’s standards within the restaurant.
- Shared accountability with the RGM for the restaurant’s financial success.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- High School, GED, College or University Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility required.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
KBP Bells is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, and termination. The Company prohibits discrimination, harassment, and retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; genetic information; national origin; sex (including same sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity); pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions; age; disability or handicap; citizenship status; service member status; or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.