Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
At Altec, advanced technology efforts are aimed, without exception, at helping customers work "Safer and Smarter." Altec invests more resources than any other manufacturer in the advancement of safety, reliability, uptime and low cost of ownership.
Our Values Sustain Our Vision:
Altec continues to pursue a singular vision: To be recognized by customers as the preferred supplier of products, services and solutions in all markets we serve. Our values sustain that vision, our goals build upon it and our associates help to achieve it. Altec's values are the cornerstone of our corporate culture and every Altec associate is considered an integral part of Team Altec.
Our Values: Customer First, Enjoyment of Work, Family, Financial Stability, Integrity, People Are Our Greatest Strength, Quality, Spiritual Development, Teamwork.
There is a co-op opening at the Northern Division in Indianapolis. From customer interaction and new product creation to the implementation of manufacturing processes, Altec Engineers are leading the industry. Final Assembly Engineers design the structural, mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems for truck mounted equipment.
- Must be enrolled as an under-graduate, full time student in the College or University, in good standing and the ability to complete multiple sessions.
- Completed a minimum of 24 hours of coursework, or have earned sophomore class standing.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Agricultural Engineering.
- Using standard operating procedures, established engineering processes and basic calculations.
- Successfully complete in an efficient and timely manner routine engineering assignments that may include research, testing, design and development.
- Develop the ability and demonstrate the initiative, to complete tasks in a manner requiring less direct and immediate supervision than would be required in the initial phases of the Associate Engineer’s employment.
- Apply engineering procedures and calculations to develop solutions to problems requiring some minor level of innovation.
- Interact in an effective and appropriate manner with other Altec personnel and customer representatives, as appropriate, in order to complete projects and assignments.
- Develop the skills necessary to become an Engineer.
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.