Job Description:Co-Op, Human Resources
The Vertex Summer Internship Program offers students the opportunity to learn about the pharmaceutical industry from a hands-on perspective. You will be working closely with and learning from some of the brightest people in the industry. When you join our internship program you should not be surprised to see that our environment is one that is innovative and team oriented, where collaboration is not just a word, and "we are fearless" is in everything we do. Students can expect to be challenged by their summer project plan, connect with other interns, and feel valued by the Vertex community. Not only will interns learn about their day-to-day tasks through their specific work assignments, but they will interact and have exposure to our organizational leaders and their teams through a series of Professional Development Workshops.
Be FEARLESS... Join us and help kick start the path to your career!
This Co-Op runs from July 2019 until December 2019.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. In addition to our clinical development programs focused on cystic fibrosis, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs aimed at other serious and life-threatening diseases. This role will provide assistance & partner closely with GMDA (Global Medical Development Association) Human Resource Business Partner’s (HRBP) team.
This role will support GMDA HRBP’s including but not be limited to:
- Managing Onboarding & Off boarding related tasks. Coordinating with new hires managers on the questions, updates etc.
- Conducting exit interviews, for below director level employees & keeping a record in workday
- Assisting with day to day employee queries and solving issues through coordination with HR Ops & other COE functions. Providing transition assistance to HRBP’s for My Vertex requests
- Creating a cadence of Reporting Trends from Vizier for Functional Talent Plans, People Reviews etc.
- Consolidating slides for People Reviews. Assisting with framework to track implementation for action plans of each Hi-Po talent. Addressing day to day queries on IDP, training programs. Coordinating with Talent Management team for the requests.
- Workforce planning support for the business. Reviewing formats, aligning with the business & follow up to get timely input
- Assisting with Career Development Week, to complete IDP’s & assist as required for business critical priorities
- Assist HRBP’s during year-end and mid-year process, as required
- Enabling data gathering from Visier, tableau etc. for creating the functional plans and building trends for each function.
- Under supervisory guidance, handle confidential and sensitive employee information and assist in ER issues, as required
- Assist HRBP’s during business off sites, team building & other sessions such as NLA’s.
- Graduate/Undergraduate with basic knowledge of Biotech industry & Human resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- At least 1+ years of working experience in any role/capacity
- Ability to handle confidential employee information and to handle sensitive employee-related issues
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Ability to operate in a fast-pace, changing environment
- Ability to work with employees at all levels in the organization and across all functions
- Experienced in addressing complex issues through data analytics
- Collaborative & flexible problem solving approach
- Proven ability to work on presentations, excel & Workday
- Positive, Open & Collaborative approach
- Drive for results with focus on quality
- Capability to partner, adapt & take action to solve issues
- Demonstration of Vertex’s Core Values: Fearless pursuit of excellence, innovation is our lifeblood and “WE” wins
- Minimum grade point average of 3.0 is preferred