At the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality, we value our employees who dedicate themselves in protecting Virginia’s natural resources. Be a part of a dynamic team where you can make a difference while enjoying all of the benefits of working in state government: competitive salary for working a 40 hour week, comprehensive insurance, 12 paid holidays, vacation/personal/sick time/parental leave, membership in the Virginia state retirement system, flex schedules, tuition reimbursement, telecommuting, performance based recognition, access to an extensive professional training program, many opportunities for advancement, and much more. So if you enjoy working on a variety of projects with high-quality colleagues in a fostering environment, apply today!
Financial Services Specialist II (Senior Financial Analyst), #P0048
Minimum Salary Starting At: $43,892
The Department of Environmental Quality’s Office of Financial Management seeks a qualified applicant to perform various financial analyses and budgeting. The position will assist the agency’s cost code managers in developing and managing the agency’s internal budget, perform complex financial analyses, develop, produce and analyze monthly management reports, assist with biennial budget development and General Assembly analysis, perform budget to actual variance analysis and cash flow analysis, track and analyze appropriations, and perform special financial projects.
Qualifications: Qualifications include considerable knowledge in GAAP. Key competencies include:
- Considerable skill & experience in effectively analyzing, summarizing, & communicating complex and detailed financial information
- Considerable financial & management reporting skills & experience
- Budget development, budget execution & budget management skills & experience
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data & derive accurate conclusions, devise solutions, & make recommendations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently & complete them on time & accurately
- Knowledge of principles, practices & systems of accounting & budgeting
- Excellent interpersonal skills & experience in working both independently & with a team
- Excellent verbal, written & interpersonal communication ability with all levels of employees
Qualifications preferred but not required: Graduation from an accredited college or university with course work in accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, or related field or a combination of education, experience, and training. Professional certification and licensure in financial management (CPA, MBA, CGFM, or other) is preferred.
The Commonwealth does not provide sponsorship; therefore, applicants must be a citizen or national of the U.S., a Lawful Permanent Resident, or an alien authorized to work.
Excluding current DEQ Employees, the Selected Candidate MUST pass a criminal background check.
Application Closing Date: December 21, 2018
For consideration for this position, candidates MUST apply online at https://jobs.agencies.virginia.gov . Applicants are encouraged to be specific regarding job-related knowledge, skills, and abilities. Resumes are encouraged but do not substitute submittal of the online application. Applications submitted via postal mail, email, or fax will not be considered. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.