ASSISTANT BOYS SOCCER COACH
The Moses Lake School District is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant Boys Soccer Coach at Moses Lake High School. The Moses Lake School District is committed to teaching and developing useful, life-long skills in its student-athletes and strives to provide the best opportunities possible for each student-athlete’s success.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an exceptional coach who has demonstrated the abilities, skills, and knowledge to lead a quality soccer program.
Spring Season (March to May)
Practice begins March 2, 2020
$2,831- $5,008 (Depending on experience)
Coach Salary Schedule
Moses Lake High School is classified as a 4A school by the WIAA and is a member of Columbia Basin Big Nine Athletic Conference (CBBN). Other CBBN member schools include Eastmont, Davis, Eisenhower, Sunnyside, Wenatchee and West Valley (Yakima). The CBBN awards league championships in 20 sports and has a solid reputation as one of the most competitive and successful conferences in Washington State. CBBN teams are consistent participants in WIAA State Championships in various sports and activities.
- Hold a valid First Aid Certification Card and a valid CPR Certification Card, or possess them by the beginningof practice.
- Meet and maintain the WIAA Coaching Standards requirements.
- Any combination of training and experience, which qualifies the applicant for this position.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively carry out the duties of the soccer program as established by the high school Principal, Athletic Director and policies of the Moses Lake School District.
- Demonstrated technical sports/soccer skills and successful experience in teaching these skills to secondary school student-athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, community, and staff.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Organizational skills needed to ensure a well-managed program.
- Have excellent attendance.
- WIAA standards require all coaches to complete sport specific WIAA coaching standard courses by the third week of the season.
The Moses Lake School District #161 does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the school district’s Title IX, Affirmative Action, and Equal Opportunity officer, Barbara Shimek, 1620 S Pioneer Way, Moses Lake, WA, 98837, 509.793.7725, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Dave Balcom, 1620 S Pioneer Way, Moses Lake, WA 98837, 509.793.7699, Email: email@example.com.