This position is contingent upon regulations issued by WIAA in regards to COVID-19.
We believe the primary purpose of an interscholastic athletic program is to educate youth and assist in the development of their character. We feel that athletics play a major role in the total educational process. It is our belief that we are responsible for fostering the ideals of good sportsmanship, self-worth, pride in individual and team accomplishments, personal integrity in human relationships and respect for others and one’s self.
- Capable of coaching all phases of the sport.
- Assist in administration of contests.
- Need to attend all practices.
- Supervise lockerroom - home and away.
- Available for home and away contests. This may include some Saturday commitments.
- Be able to drive team vans.
- Demand strong team discipline and sportsmanship.
- Following all coaching duties listed in CPSD and WIAA handbooks.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid and up-to-date First Aid/CPR certification PRIOR to beginning coaching experience.
- Valid Washington driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Meet coaching certification standards as set forth by CPSD and the WIAA.
- Fingerprints prior to beginning coaching experience at the expense of the employee (Washington State Patrol and FBI Background Clearance).
- Head coach must be at least 21 years of age
- Assistant coach must be at least 19 years of age
- Current certificated employee of CPSD.
- Previous participation in the sport.
- Previous coaching experience.
AFFILIATION: Athletics and Activities Association/CPEA
SALARY: As per negotiated collective bargaining agreement.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Clover Park School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. Address correspondence to one of the following individuals who have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination at Clover Park School District, 10903 Gravelly Lake Dr., SW, Lakewood, WA 98499-1341: Title IX Coordinator, Kevin Ikeda, Assistant Superintendent: (253) 583-5165, Section 504/ADA Coordinator, Brian Laubach, Deputy Superintendent: (253) 583-5050, Civil Rights Compliance Coordinator, Lori McStay, Executive Director for Human Resources: (253) 583-5087