Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Part-Time position responsible for cleaning the interior and exterior of train equipment in accordance with FDA and Amtrak Standards and guidelines.
• Perform cleaning assignments for train cars in accordance with FDA
and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
• Drain and flush waste tanks.
• Vacuum, mop, dust, sweep, wash walls and windows.
• Uses chemical cleaners, equipment and material in accordance with regulatory agencies and HAZCOM guidelines and procedures.
• Maintains proper care and use of materials, equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Experience in cleaning.
• Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job.
• Experience in commercial cleaning with OSHA approved cleaning compounds and tools preferred.
• Some computer skills preferred.
• Knowledge of commercial cleaning requirements.
• Ability to use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, brooms, dust pans and operate toilet servicing equipment.
• Ability to read, write and communicate proficiently.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Mechanical || Mechanical