Jr High Head Coach
|Part Time Temporary|
Provide leadership to develop and maintain the Joseph City Jr. High School sports program over which responsibility is given. Support each participating student-athlete in the program in improving skill and most importantly an increased level of self-esteem.
Essential Job Elements:
- Plans, organizes, and directs the selected jr. high sports program.
- Creates an environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Assesses skills and assigns team positions.
- Schedules and conducts practices throughout the year.
- Acquire and maintain the necessary coaching requirements for JCJHS.
- Teaches athletes the fundamental skills, theory, and strategy of the sport.
- Models good sportsmanship.
- Support and work effectively with supervisors and other staff.
- Coordinate and work cooperatively with other departments and staff as needed.
- Leads and organizes out-of-season training.
- Tracks uniforms and equipment provided to the student-athletes, verifying that all is returned in working order.
- Conducts an end of the year awards event.
- Provide appropriate care for the safekeeping and protection of District equipment, facilities and other assets.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal (NFHS), state (AIA), and district codes, regulations, and requirements.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding student, staff and management related information.
- Supports with integrity the mission, vision, goals and positive culture of Joseph City Schools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Leadership skills sufficiently effective to perform assigned duties.
- Communication skills sufficiently effective to perform assigned duties.
Frequent standing, walking, moving, sitting, speaking, hearing, reaching with arms and hands, stopping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus. Repetative motions with wrists, hands and fingers.
Employee may regularly work both indoors and outdoors. Noise level in the work environment may be moderate to high. The work environment may vary from extremely cold to extremely hot. The employee must be able to meet deadlines with time constraints and interact with students, other employees, and public.
Staff, students, parents, and the general public.
Please see Salary Schedule: Extra Duty 1.