The Heritage Community is a residential treatment program for adolescents, ages 12 – 18. Within the arch of our company is a distinct, cutting edge program for youth who are struggling with issues related to trauma and mood disorders — ELEVATE ACADEMY. Students in Elevate Academy have faced adverse experiences that have negatively impacted their physical, emotional, and social well-being. As a result, they have anxiety, attachment issues, are depressed, and managing their feelings in unhealthy, dangerous or self-destructive ways. They’ve lost interest in activities they once enjoyed, avoid school, and have distanced themselves from good friends, positive role models, and family members.
The three pillars in Elevate Academy are engagement, empowerment, and resiliency. Our founding principle is relationship-based care, knowing that change only comes through strong, meaningful relationships. We first influence our students to change, while providing the tools that enable them to become successful.
Coaches for Elevate Academy work directly with our students on residential, dormitory homes to provide supervised support to guide the students in a forward, therapeutic progression. Our company provides excellent introductory experience for the treatment field! Our unmatched 19-acre campus is a unique family-based community that gives diverse tools and resources! Come invest in our mission to help individuals heal and thrive!
Schedule: As a coed program treating both girls and boys, we may seek specific genders for certain schedules/positions.
- Team 1 (1 position, MALE): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM, and one Sunday per month, rotating every four weeks, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
- Team 2 (4 positions, 2 MALES, 2 FEMALES): Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 2:30 PM - 10:00 PM, and one Sunday per month, rotating every four weeks, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
- Team 3 (1 position, MALE): Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM, and one Sunday per month, rotating every four weeks, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
- Team 4 (2 positions, MALE): Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, 2:30 PM – 10:00 PM, and one Sunday per month, rotating every four weeks, 8:00 AM - 10:00 PM.
- Team 5 (2 positions, MALE): PRN/On-Call. Guaranteed to work two shifts per week, Monday – Saturday. Shift times are either 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM or 2:30 PM – 10:00 PM. Will also work one Sunday per month, rotating every four weeks, 8:00 AM – 10:00 PM.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Aptitude of adolescent development, with proficiency in working with an adolescent population, ages 12 – 18.
- A basic competency of complex trauma, depression and other mood disorders, anxiety, attachment disorders, opposition, etc. Must also show assertiveness to continually improve knowledge and competency for efficient job performance.
- Engaging and empathetic character, with the balance of tenacity to hold proper boundaries and provide consistent responses, to develop healthy and supportive relationships with the students.
- Excellence in decisiveness, problem-solving, organization, and team work.
- Ability to remain patient, calm, and resourceful while mediating escalated situations or students.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coach the students on assigned home, ensuring the proper implementation of clinical treatment plans and assignments as outlined by the Treatment Team.
- Develop close, personal, and emotionally supportive relationships to guide the students in their treatment progression.
- Responsible to learn Elevate Academy clinical components efficiently, to be attuned to the therapeutic needs of the students.
- Ensure that a healthy, comfortable, safe, and care-giving environment is maintained.
- Properly use a variety of mediation and intervention techniques to redirect and process with students who need support and guidance.
- Supervise the students in their day-to-day activities, including participating in such activities with the them, encouraging and helping them to develop the skills associated to the tasks.
- Transport the students to and from off-campus appointments and activities using company vehicles.
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older to apply.
- CPR / First Aid Certification.
- Good energy and being physically fit to participate in a range of activities with the students (sports, bike riding, hiking, swimming, etc.).
- A valid Driver’s License, and no more than one traffic violation on driving record in the past three years to be approved to transport students using company vehicles.
- Proficiency and fluency in speaking, understanding, reading, and writing English.
- Competitive compensation with potential of a quarterly bonus.
- Internship credit possibilities.
- Sundance Resort Corporate Passes.