The Coating Operator is responsible for the cleaning, coating, and inspection of products.
- Clean and prepare parts for coating process
- Set-up parts and operate spray equipment to apply coating per customers specification
- Curing parts as needed based on coating specifications
- Perform inspection of parts
- Scheduling and execution of work based on work orders and routers
- Transacting coated products to next stage in production utilizing Oracle system
- Equipment upkeep and maintenance as needed
- Specialized testing and training for use of respirators is required for this position
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
· Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
· Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
· Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
· Situational adaptability – Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
· Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
· Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and work orders
- Previous experience working with coating equipment is a plus
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Hard to Very Hard Work: Spending time in excess of 8 hours in a stationary position, generally standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds.. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the use of respirator equipment. Testing and training will be provided, in addition to appropriate PPE, for employees operating coating equipment.
This specification is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned. Ability to competently perform all the essential duties of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at Garlock.
Garlock values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Employment Type: Full Time