At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
*You DO NOT have to have surgical instrument repair experience to be considered for this position*
Individuals with experience working in HVAC repair, general maintenance and installation, jewelry repair, welding, automotive, residential home repair, plumbing, electrical, small engine repair, computer repair, equipment repair, diesel repair, machine repair, aviation repair, hospital sterile processing, etc. often have transferable skills into this position.
The primary role of the Coating Technician is responsible for the removal of insulation and color coating, cleaning of the surgical instrument surfaces. Incumbent will also support overall department needs of preparation and refurbishment of instrumentation.
- Removal of insulation and color coating and cleaning of surgical instruments using one or more methods below (90%)
- Bead Blasting of instruments
- Place instrument parts in cabinet, ensure working, hold nozzle device in hand, using foot pedal remove residue from instrument surfaces
- Maintaining equipment. Make sure it has glass beads. Replace filter, etc.
- Buffing – Using a high RPM wheel to remove any debris that the bead blasting did not remove
- Apply Heat – May have to burn off insulation (hot plate, torch, induction coil).
- Miscellaneous Department Support (10%)
- Preparation of instruments for coating
- Refurbishing of instrumentation
High School Diploma or GED
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Previous experience working in machine shop, industrial paint shop, manufacturing environment, etc. preferred but not required.
- Good hand/eye coordination (manual dexterity), basic organizational and troubleshooting/problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Willingness to listen and learn, as well as the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to work overtime and hours outside normal business hours as needed, based on Customer needs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with Customers, peers and management.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
STERIS is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.