A growing telecommunications company seeks talented, motivated and quality-minded Coax Splicer in the greater Cleveland, OH market. This is your opportunity to be a part of something special and establish your professional career. Our employees have applied a broad spectrum of backgrounds and strengths in building a formidable reputation for excellent quality and service within the industry. The upcoming years promise to be unprecedented in the growth of telecommunications infrastructure and technology. Join the VTC Team today in our continued success and prosperity.
As a turnkey telecommunications contractor, VTC provides field surveying, design & engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are an approved vendor for many of the major industry providers of CATV, ODAS/Small Cell, and IDAS/Venue. VTC Design Group's primary objectives are to successfully research, bid, engineer and permit fiber optic cable placement projects throughout the US.
Nature of Work To perform tasks associated with the aerial and underground electronic upgrade and splicing of coaxial cable systems in an outside plant environment.
Education / Certification:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Company will provide industry training and certifications if not already secured.
- CDL is a plus.
- Experience required.
- Testing, tuning and balancing equipment in order to troubleshoot a service line.
- Repair or splice in new line as needed to complete the testing and certification of the project.
- Place and install required coax cable when necessary to complete assignment.
- Test Coax RF lines for balanced signal between points continuity and fault.
- Troubleshooting and repair of Coax line and line equipment
- Read and understand site plans, maps and diagrams needed to support project.
- Ability to read and build from blueprints and wire diagrams.
- Mechanically sound and able to problem solve issues.
- 1-2 years of OSP Telecommunication Construction experience.
- 1-2 years in splicing, balancing, and documenting.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
- Computer skills such as email and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously.
- Able to move in different positions crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., - unassisted.
- Ability to climb poles, ladders, and use bucket trucks as needed.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in groups.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to pass background and drug screening.