Founded in 1964, Cable Services Company, Inc. You have proudly served the telecommunication industry in all phases of system construction. We are a full service provider of tomorrow's technology .... today .
We are proud of our past and want you to be part of your future! We are looking to add Coax Splicer to our team of dedicated employees to help serve our customers in the telecommunication and construction industry.
Cable Services Company, headquartered in Williamsport, PA, performs construction and cable installation projects within five to six state area in the Northeast region of the US. Project hours vary by project and can be influenced by weather. Frequent overnight travel is required along with overtime in order to meet project related deadlines.
Cable Services Company, Inc. maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
Summary / Objective
Coax Fiber Splicer is responsible for splicing new build and / or upgrade coaxial cable plant. This position requires frequent travel in which the employee would be away from home.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Place and install coaxial cable
- Install passive/active devices, pedestals, vaults or coax splice cases
- Splice active and passive CATV equipment
- Rough balance and troubleshoot coaxial cable plant
- Read blueprints, CATV design maps and basic electronic designs
- Operate aerial lift and other related equipment to perform job functions
- Frequently communicate with management on workload status
- May occasionally perform routine construction work such as pulling rope/cables, climbing ladders, using hand tools, digging with a shovel, etc.
- Accurately complete all required company documentation for each assignment according to established company standards and procedures (ie timesheet, truck report, expense report)
- Responsible for assigned company vehicle, tools, materials and equipment
- Perform work in a safe manner and comply with all established company safety policies and procedures
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned in order to help team complete a project
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years' experience splicing aerial and underground coaxial cable
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working in a bucket truck at heights in excess of 30-40 ft.
- Proficiency using related splicing equipment
- Experience reading system design maps, fiber schematics, blueprints and basic electronic designs
- Have a general understanding of RF and Fiber-Optic technologies
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- Must possess exceptional organizational skills and be detailed oriented
- Must be able to occasionally move materials/equipment weighing up to 80 pounds
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and strong work ethic that can provide high productivity with minimal supervision
Preferred Education and Experience
- 4+ years of experience splicing Coaxial Cable
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Valid driver's license with a clean driving record
- Ability to pass a criminal background screen and drug test
- While performing this job, the employee will be stand, walk, handle or operate objects, tools or controls
- Work will be performed in an outdoor environment
- Often work will be performed near busy highways and streets
Cable Services Company, Inc . is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity