Title: Cobol Developer
Location: Columbus, OH
Contract: Contract to hire
* If you are interested in applying please contact Anthony Holton: email@example.com 614-467-4200
Core Banking Deposits Development and Support resource.
At least 7+ years professional IT experience with the following set of skills:
- COBOL (required),
- JCL experience with Procedures, Includes, Symbolics, etc. (required)
- CA’s Easytrieve or an equivalent reporting tool (required)
- Sort utilities such as IBM’s DFSORT or SYNCSORT’s SYNCSORT (required)
- Utilities such as IEBGENER, IEBCOPY, etc
- Good working knowledge of general programming support tools, such as but not limited to TSO/ISPF, FTP, Windows
- Experienced user of MS Office tools (minimally Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Strong debugging and analysis skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
Other sets of skills considered beneficial:
- Experience with REXX (beneficial) for reporting extract and panel development.
- File-Aid utility in both the online and batch modes.
- Good working knowledge of z/OS, CICS and VSAM
- Good working knowledge of DB2 and WebSphere MQ;
- Good working knowledge of Compuware’s Xpediter, IBM’s Debug tool or an equivalent debugging tool;
- Good working knowledge of Compuware’s Abend-Aid, IBM’s Fault Analyzer or an equivalent dump analysis tool;
- Good working knowledge of Serena’s ChangeMan or an equivalent source and change management system;
Candidate should possess the following skills and character traits:
- Strong Communication skills to enable effective interaction with application resources and technical services
- Strong Problem diagnosis and resolution skills which include the use of tools such as EXPEDITER, KORE, Abend-Aid
- Strong Analysis and Design skills that result in the creation of configurable solutions that are easy to install and maintain.
- Self-starter with the ability to take direction and work independently while also working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with all phases of development life-cycle (Analysis, Design, Build, Testing, Implementation)
Any exposure to the following vendor platforms considered a plus:
• Knowledge of and experience with banking application systems
• Hogan Banking Applications
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178