Beginning in the Fall 2019, JW Marriott Savannah Plant Riverside District is set to transform Savannah’s historic riverfront into a vibrant new entertainment destination inviting guests and visitors to experience incredible dining between 12+ outlets, live music and concerts, high-end shopping and inspired hotel stays. The JW Marriott Savannah will offer 419 beautifully appointed guest rooms and suites for couples, families, business guests and groups looking for inspiration, and discerning travelers with an appetite for something different.
JW Marriott Savannah offers a work experience unlike any other—where pursuing your passion is not only welcomed, it’s actively encouraged. We’re seeking over 700 new associates (aka Grand Performers) to fill positions in entertainment, hospitality and other specialty services at Plant Riverside District.
As a Grand Performer, you will have access to ELITE Benefits/Perks such as:
•Hotel Stay and Food/Beverage discounts at Marriott Hotels Worldwide for you and your family/friends
•Free Employee Meals!
•We are all friends here! Refer your friends and get a Bonus up to $2000 if they are hired!
•20% Discount at all Kessler restaurants, Art Galleries, and Spas
•Start early with your Retirement Plan! 401K match up to 6% - goes into effect after 3 months
•Health Insurance Plans as low as $24/week!
•Stay Healthy! Kessler Wellness Challenge – promotes healthy lifestyle with discounts at gyms and giveaways
•We care about your Fur Babies too! We provide discounted Pet Insurance!
• After your 1st year, you can accrue on average of 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO)
•We will offer 1.5 times the base rate/hour when you work any of the 7 observed holidays throughout the year!
•”Tickets at Work” discounts, special access to theme parks and more!
•Recognition Program with amazing prizes!
•Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Certification Assistance
•Company paid Basic Life Insurance $10,000
***This position is expected to start 1/2 month prior to opening date***
The Cocktail Server is responsible for providing guests with courteous, friendly, sincere, efficient and graceful table service that meets or exceeds guest expectations as well as the AAA Four Diamond standards. This position is primarily responsible for taking orders and serving food and beverages to patrons seated at tables in bar area.
- No Direct Reports
Essential Duties / Tasks / Responsibilities:
1. Guest Service – 80%
a. Ensure high levels of guest satisfaction utilizing the G.U.E.S.T. standards.
b. Promptly and warmly greeting guests upon arrival.
c. Provide guests with courteous, friendly and efficient table service.
d. Possess an excellent ability to explain and sell all menu items.
e. Presents menu, answers questions, and makes suggestions regarding food and service.
f. Explain, pair and recommend all Wine list selections
g. Writes order on check or memorizes it.
h. Prepares beverages for distribution to table.
i. Relays order to kitchen through POS and helps serve courses from kitchen and service bars.
j. Maintains service and sanitation standards according to health code regulations.
k. Observes diners to respond to any additional requests and to determine when meal has been completed.
l. Totals bill and accepts payment.
m. Clears and resets tables at conclusion of each course.
n. Execute all financial transactions according to departmental and company policy
o. Assisting Bartenders as needed.
2. Sidework – 20%
a. Set up lounge in a thorough and swift manner.
b. Maintain the daily operations of the restaurant through the execution of daily sidework.
c. Keeps lounge area clean and organized at all times.
d. Attend all required trainings and department meetings
e. Stocking and polishing items needed for service.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities (KSA’s):
1. Excellent guest service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse guest types.
2. Ability to remain calm and well organized under pressure while working quickly.
3. Ability to prioritize and maintain multiple tables at a time.
4. Keeps emotions under control.
5. Excellent time management skills.
6. Ability to properly operate the telephone and all software used for the POS system.
7. Thorough knowledge of menu items, beer, liquor and wine.
8. Excellent knowledge of various mixed drinks.
9. Must demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
10. Knowledge of elementary financial controls
11. Ability to respond promptly to customer needs.
12. Ability to communicate effectively with guests and Grand Performers
13. Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
14. Proficient in Micros POS system
15. Basic math skills for cash handling; ability to provide change and count bank at end of shift
16. Adaptable to a changing work environment.
17. Local knowledge of the community ( attractions activities, etc.)
18. English language and professional communications skills are required.
Experience / Education / Certifications:
- High School diploma – required
- Hospitality or customer service experience - required
- Minimum of 1 year experience in F&B plus 1 year experience in upscale restaurant– recommended
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Standing and walking during majority of shift
- Regularly required to lift, reach with hands and arms, use fingers (keyboard etc.) to handle or feel.
- Lifting requirements of up to 20 pounds
- Computer/monitor work for making reservations
- Working in kitchen on tiled flooring; kitchen conditions may be hot; floor may be slippery (appropriate footwear required)
6. Direct contact with guests, managers and employees.
7. Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat and water.