Works under the direction of the Sr. Administrative Director/Coding Compliance Manager. Performs ICD-9-CM and CPT coding, data abstracting and computer data entry on all inpatient and outpatient medical records. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Education: Work requires knowledge generally acquired through a high school education or GED.
2. Licensure: Coder/Abstractor I & II – CCA required. Coder/Abstractor III – CCS required.
3. Experience: At least two (2) years of experience in a medical records department of an acute care hospital as a Coder or Coder/Abstractor preferred.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Sufficient manual dexterity to use all office equipment. Typing and word processing 55-65 wpm.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Ability to deal with patients, public, medical staff, and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner.