Johnson Service Group is currently seeking a dynamic Contracts Administrator for a Direct Hire opportunity at our premier Aerospace client in Moorpark, CA.
The Contracts Administrator will support the mission of the company's Contracts Department by providing excellence in Contracts Administration & Negotiation to internal and external customers. The focus in this role is on International customers and requires International travel to many regions of the world. This position includes the establishment and management of contracts throughout the entire contract life cycle (proposal, negotiation, execution, & closeout) for a number of International customers. The position will support the bid, capture and contract negotiation processes, and then ensures efficient performance throughout the life of each contract, supporting amendments and interpretations as necessary.
This position is fast-paced requiring one’s flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances. One must be extremely organized, an expert at time management, results-oriented as well as detail-oriented. Responsibilities include front-end support of international business pursuits, proposal reviews, contract negotiations, and customer relationship management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in and support international proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment.
- Perform as point-of-contact for assigned customer portfolio and serve as customer interface on pre-contract and active contract activities.
- Effectively review/analyze RFP requirements and raise/present possible terms and conditions risks, develop fully compliant proposals and reconcile contractual documents. Additionally, this position will work closely with company leadership to advise contractual obligations and means to mitigate contractual/program risks, maintain historical information, and provide recommendations
- Participate in proposal planning. Obtain the necessary internal approvals to submit proposals to customers. Generate contract compliance matrices and recommendations in accordance with clientss policies and procedures. Redline contract Terms and Conditions on RFPs and RFQs
- Quality Control - Review proposals and contracts for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Terms and Conditions and export regulations. Ensure compliance with contracting policies, laws, and regulations
- Work closely with Business Development, Program Managers and Quality Engineers in an effort to streamline the contract fulfillment process
- Other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications & Background
- US Citizenship or US permanent resident (Green Card Holder) due to ITAR.
- Associate and/or Bachelor degree in related discipline or equivalent experience
- 2 – 5 years of relevant experience performing comparable duties and responsibilities in a commercial environment, with international/aerospace/defense contracting
- Possesses working knowledge of government acquisition processes, governmental contracting principles, and regulations
- Ability to travel internationally (estimated 30%) to meet with Customers in support of establishing new Contracts & Agreements
- Demonstrates strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills. Demonstrates ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without sacrificing quality, timeliness and customer service
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving, critical reasoning, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of personnel.
- Consistently demonstrates teamwork, collaboration and puts the success of the team above one's own interests, proficient computer skills and strong use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)