- Responsible for interacting with key users to support the reporting needs within Financial Services including production, ad-hoc, and manual reporting within this international automotive giant.
- Responsible for enhancing the MORIS Data Mart (DM), Remarketing DM, Data Warehouse Staging area, and the DW by following formal system development methods.
- Generating reports and information for supported departments (Alliance Business Center, HQ, all brands, all countries).
- Development of COGNOS repots for supported departments accurately and within estimated development times and according to the approved scope specifications.
- For supported departments, utilization of Cognos Impromptu, PowerPlay, Access, SQL, Excel, or VBA to develop new reports, update existing reports, and provide ad hoc support within the BICC environment.
- Work with the assigned business analyst to identify data availability and development issues with the report project prior to scope creation.
- Assess prepared scope statement and provide estimated effort estimation of effort (in hours).
- Update scope statement as necessary during report development.
- Work with IT to publish reports to the COGNOS website.
- Create daily, weekly, or monthly reports according to delivery schedule. Reports must be accurate and within scheduled due dates.
- Resolve production issues for existing reports. Utilize COGNOS 10.1.1 components, PowerPlay, Access, SQL, EXCEL, or VBA to trouble shoot, modify or enhance existing production reports. Reports must be accurate and within scheduled due dates.
- Support BICC Team as requested with special initiatives/projects.
- Provide external support/extracts when necessary (including vendors, and brand partners)
- Work with Data Warehouse team as needed to define new data warehouse tables needed for reporting, including gathering requirements, documenting requirements, and user acceptance testing
- Improving the reporting environment by: capturing new change requests and locating the needed data within the data warehouse or source system.
- Understanding the file structure of the source systems to the extent necessary to extract and load the needed information.
- Update specifications and work with IT to validate the data stage and DM changes.
- Provide formal and informal reporting training for the user community.
- Manage the structure of COGNOS web portal to provide an easy and intuitive interface to the user community.
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with the following: Cognos 8 - Report Studio, Analyst Studio, Transformero Cognos 7 - Impromptu, Transformer, Powerplay; CoGNOS PowerPlay; Crystal Reports; Business Objects; MS Access; MS SQL Server; Oracle
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Please submit your resume for consideration. Once submitted, feel free to contact Rushi at 858-703-6733 for additional information.
Approx. Duration: 3 months
About Hired By Matrix
Hired by Matrix, Inc. founded in 1986, is a certified Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) dedicated to providing the highest quality of job opportunities to our candidates and staffing services to our clients. We are a full service staffing firm with experience recruiting and delivering for IT, Accounting & Finance, Administrative & Clerical, Clinical & Scientific, and Marketing disciplines. Our long history in the staffing industry and dedication to excellence are the key differentiators that have fueled our success for over 30 years.
Hired by Matrix offers our contract professionals competitive salaries, benefits after 60 days and a 401k option after one year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
*CEO Sharon Olzerowicz serves on the WBENC Board and is a long-standing member of the Forum Governing Group.
We work hard to match our candidates with the right career opportunities. Let us find you a #MatrixMatch so you can reach your career goals!
Connect with us on LinkedIn and see how we can impact your career!
Hired by Matrix Career Center: https://www.hiredbymatrix.com/find-work/open-positions/