FOUNDED IN 2003, Carrington has evolved from a mortgage credit asset manager into a vertically-integrated financial services company that covers virtually every aspect of the single family residential real estate transaction, including investment in U.S. real estate and mortgage markets, loan origination and servicing, asset management and property preservation, real estate sales and rental, and title and escrow services. Carrington has built the infrastructure necessary to maximize value during any market cycle.
We are currently hiring a Collateral Analyst to support our team in Anaheim, CA! Consider Carrington Today!
The Collateral Analyst will be responsible for collateral file reporting with all custodians of record as well as ensuring the accuracy of reporting collateral withdrawn for business purposes. Use multiple sources of data to analyze trends and reconcile data. Perform all duties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures, all US state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Perform monthly audit of loan level collateral file counts on hand with custodians of record through reconciliation of custodian inventory reports and internal tracking system.
- Create, manage, and maintain required daily, weekly and monthly status reporting of collateral file movement in mortgage servicing rights (MSR) trades and Default Servicing for original document states.
- Perform analysis of Fiserv and Opus iNet reporting data for on-site inventory of collateral files and trailing documents.
- Reformat custodian exception reports to back into collateral file counts with clear status.
- Work closely with Collateral MSR team to analyze business requirements and deliver solutions through accurate delivery of reports and data.
- Perform data analysis to ensure accuracy before delivery.
- Identify MERS deactivations on delinquent loans scheduled for early buyouts and ensure chain of title includes mortgage assignments into the new entity’s name.
- Utilize Microsoft tools such as Excel and Visio for data analysis, reporting, and process flows.
- Create and maintain documentation of processes, reports, applications, and procedures as per department policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent job experience.
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in reports development, data analysis, mortgage loss mitigation, or default.
- Experience in capital markets, secondary marketing or investor reporting preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage industry terminology.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel and Visio.