At Novolex, we take pride in supporting our families across the globe. Our team is rich in diversity and our entrepreneurial culture encourages continuous personal growth and teamwork. Our careers include manufacturing, engineering, procurement, supply chain, finance, HR, product development, sales, marketing and an ever-expanding array of others to support our continuing rapid growth.
Responsible for the safe operation of various types of bag machines in order to produce high quality bags. These may include, but are not limited to, shopping, merchandise, and grocery and sack machines.
Essential Functions & Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously perform all required tasks in a safe manner, adhering to all established safety rules and procedures i.e. PPE, clothing, EHS, moving equipment, cut resistant gloves, etc.
- Check bags for quality defects off the machine, and do all quality checks and paper work as per Quality Policy.
- Safely and efficiently
- Strip rolls down, removing liner and /or bands and removing minimal layers of damaged paper.
- Change roll, make splice by hand, maneuver roll into position, adhere roll to web on machine, and adjust paper rolls.
- Monitor bag machinery, starting, stopping, jogging, and adjusting as needed in a timely manner.
- Threading paper through machine smoothly and thread machine as needed.
- Clean and repair machine as needed using proper tools and equipment.
- Maintain ink levels, clean ink pans and wash rollers.
- Package bags as specified.
- Change orders
- Submit accurate production reports daily and timely.
- Meet/achieve safety, quality, production waste and housekeeping goals set forth by management.
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of machine operator and setup experience in a manufacturing environment
- Reading, writing and basic math skills are needed for this job.
- Must be mechanically inclined and be able to make minor adjustments to machines. Must be able to correctly read a ruler.
- Must be able to problem-solve to make sure that minor adjustments made to machinery are correct.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees and management.
- Knowledge of machinery will be needed to perform job.
- Self-managing with organization and time management skills.
- Must have good eyesight (no colorblindness) in order to spot flaws in color comparison, print set-up, etc. as bags or film come off the production line.
- Able to properly use basic wrenches and tools.
Following GMP in compliance with all food safety requirements.
Novolex does not publicly post salary information on job boards.
Novolex™ is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all employment practices, including but not limited to, selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, handicap or disability, genetics, citizenship status, service member or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Any individual, who because of his or her disability, needs an accommodation in connection with an aspect of the Company’s application process should contact Jamie Wells at email@example.com