If you like challenge, an opportunity to put your fingerprints on a business, and like to serve others by solving their problems, being helpful and putting smiles on faces then you are at the right place. Customers win when companies challenge themselves on how to make the experience, the product, the service better each and every day. That's what we are all here to do at American First Finance. It's a new challenge each and every day!
American First Finance is currently seeking motivated and high performing Collections/Payment Solutions Specialists!
Competencies Valued: Our Payment Solutions/Collections Specialists enjoy partnering with our customers helping them to resolve payment issues. They have a knack for negotiating repayment terms in ways that work for the customer and the company. They have a solution based and courteous demeanor. If you have patience, a positive tone, and are solutions driven, we’d like to talk to you.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collecting on past due customer accounts by finding practical, reasonable solutions to bring accounts current
- Compliance with strict adherence to company collections policies
- Maintain up to date knowledge of all regulation and compliance codes that American First Finance must operate by
- Participate in training on collection laws, customer privacy laws, HR laws and protocols for communicating any non-compliance by anyone in the organization.
- Assists customers with questions regarding their accounts, payments, pay dates, payoffs, web account access, and anything else related to their account
- Experience with strict adherence to company collections policies
- Polite, professional, and courteous communication skill
Experience and Skills Needed:
- High school education or equivalent required
- At least one year of call center or collection experience
- A minimum one year of first- or third-party collections experience preferred
- Tactful communication, listening, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in Lease to Own preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus!
- Required Shift: Evenings 12pm to 9pm. Weekends required
What’s in It for You?
AFF offers the following:
- A family oriented, fun atmosphere!
- A diverse employee population!
- Monthly bonus potential!
- Advancement opportunities!
- Affordable benefits premiums (some plans cover as much as 90% while others are covered at
Critical Competencies for Success
- Communication: The candidate must be able to show by example and participate in a culture of communication where every team member understands where the business is, what their role is, what is expected of them, and how they are performing against those expectations.
- A Servant Heart: The candidate must value service to others. Our customers, partners, and team members deserve a candidate passionate about delivering on our promise. The ideal candidate is someone who seeks to understand in ways that allow for successful outcomes and relentlessly celebrates rave reviews by customers, partners, and team members at every opportunity.
- Organization & Planning: The candidate must be organized and plan-oriented. By example, the candidate must appreciate a working environment that is organized, efficient, and secure. The candidate must have an appreciation for the benefits that neatness and order have with regards to getting things done efficiently and effectively. The candidate must value showing up to work on time, removing distractions to the team so they can stay focused, and executing to the plan.
- Trust & Accountability: The candidate must be able to establish a culture of trust and accountability to results. The candidate must have a sense of committed action to deliver on the goals.
- Tech-Savvy: The candidate must be able to understand and use the technology we expect our team members to use.