DAT Solutions is seeking a Collection Specialist I to join our team in Beaverton, Oregon.
Works independently within structured guidelines with a broad knowledge of billing and collection practices to assure timely processing of all billing, collections, research and other projects related to billing. Attention to detail, accurate entry of billing orders, and organizational skills could negatively affect customer relations and efficiency, resulting in lost revenue and diminished productivity.
The Billing Specialist, working in a high-performance work team environment, is responsible for assuring customer satisfaction by accurately entering billing, researching discrepancies, requesting account adjustments, compiling reports, analyzing data, submitting billing orders, and other billing projects as needed. Works closely with internal and external customers to resolve various outstanding issues, and make appropriate request for further research when needed. The following duties are performed in a timely manner, thereby contributing to the overall successful operation and growth of the department.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent research skills
- Good analytical skills and detail oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research billing related issues and take appropriate action to ensure accurate and timely billing
- Complete activities/help tickets received from Other business teams in the Billing Services Group
- Research misapplied payment working closely with the Billing AR Team
- Perform account analysis as requested
- Prepare various reports to assist the Billing Manager in decision making
- Available to handle inbound calls from the Billing Service Que & potentially overflow from CS Billing Queue
- Reviews daily reporting received via email and handles per processes laid out for each report type
- Work auto assigned Past Due Call activities for monthly statement & credit card customers
Performance/Technical Skills and Competencies
The below categories represent general skill sets that are required by this position.
- Intermediate to Advanced usage skill and understanding of Siebel (CRM)
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Intermediate usage and understanding of the Finesse phone system
- Novice understanding/skill of Google Sheets/Docs
- Novice understanding of how to use a copy/fax machine
- Intermediate organizational skills
- Advanced attention to detail
- Intermediate communication skills
- Intermediate customer service skills
- Intermediate understanding of credit/collections procedures
High school diploma as well as 1-2 years billing or call center experience preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals. Ability to write routine correspondence.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interests, percentages etc.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 1O pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office conditions, with quiet to moderate noise level. Two-story office building with elevator service. Overtime may be required with approval from Supervisor.
DAT operates the largest truckload freight marketplace in North America. Transportation brokers, carriers, news organizations and industry analysts rely on DAT for market trends and data insights derived from 257 million forecasted freight matches in (2018 est.) and a database of $57 billion of market transactions.
DAT Solutions offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, flexible savings accounts, 401K, Life and AD&D insurance, a comprehensive Paid Leave program, and a Tuition Reimbursement program. Participation is limited to regular full-time employees.
DAT Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. We especially invite women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. EEO/AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Sponsorship and relocation assistance are not offered at this time for this position.
All referrals and résumés are managed exclusively through the Human Resources Department. DAT Solutions will not consider unsolicited résumés from vendors including search firms, fee-based referral services and/or recruitment agencies.
For additional information, see www.DAT.com/company
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.See job description