Come join our global team of dedicated professionals who through their extraordinary efforts demonstrate every day their commitment to our mission of improving the lives of patients. At Orthofix our culture is built around Integrity and the core beliefs we live by: Exceed Expectations, Work Together, Be Respectful, Get Lean and Have Fun! As an Orthofix employee, you will become an integral part of our culture by continually demonstrating the highest level of integrity and our beliefs while making an impact to our vision “To be a highly respected global orthopedic and spine company that delivers exceptional value to our patients, customers, team members, partners and shareholders."
How you’ll make a difference?
Perform a wide variety of complex collections duties, requiring initiative and a significant amount of judgment in solving problems and decision making with a responsibility for meeting cash receipts goal based on revenue. Interaction with Sales Administration, Territory Managers, National Account Managers and peers a must.
What will be your Duties and Responsibilities?
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Perform all responsibilities of a Collections Administrator – Level I
- Manage a monthly aged trial balance
- Demonstrate the ability to handle a larger workload while still meeting personal and team collection goals.
- Exceed departmental productivity standards on a consistent basis
- Create and submit appropriate appeals as needed to resolve denials from payers as part of account resolution.
- Identify and recommend to Payer Development contracting opportunities.
- Recommend Payer Guideline Manual updates.
- Prepare account and submit secondary claims to insurance companies.
- Duties and special projects as assigned
- Regular attendance required
What skills you’ll need?
- 3 to 5 years medical collections
- Strong exhibited performance in cash collections and professionally overcoming objections
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professionalism in all internal and external communications
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and heavy volume
- Teamwork orientation; sharing of knowledge and acceptance of development
- Strong negotiation and persuasion skills
- Detailed oriented with emphasis on quality
- Prioritize work assignments and meeting all deadline
- PC skills - Windows environment
- Supervision is minimal, yet assistance will be readily available from A/R Supervisor, Team Leads or Team Technical Development Leader
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
- Some college preferred but will consider with proper experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 20 lbs.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.
Orthofix complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Orthofix makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. In addition to federal law requirements, Orthofix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.