Acima Credit (Acima) based in Draper, Utah is a young and dynamic leasing company that provides consumers financing options for life necessities that otherwise would not be available to them. We help with financing options from tires/wheels to furniture and appliances. Acima blends the use of innovative online technology with a fast and easy application process for thousands of retailers nationwide. Customers love us because we make the impossible possible. Retailers love us because we make it easy for them.
Acima is growing at a tremendous rate. Recognized as one of the fastest growing companies (by the Mountain West Capital Network and the Utah Business Magazine) we are in need of awesome people to continue to propel that growth.
Our recovery team is looking for experienced and energetic collectors to join our efforts in recovering late payments and assets. You will work with delinquent accounts and kindly guide customers through available options. Collections Agents are essential members of the team who provide income to the company that otherwise would be lost.
- Perform inbound and outbound collections calls with any applicable party
- Consult with customers to discuss payment options
- Process customer payments
- Negotiate payment plans
- Offer and develop settlement offers for extremely delinquent accounts
- Collectors are paid a base hourly rate, plus the opportunity for monthly commissions and bonuses.
- Hourly compensation starts at $15.00 per hour.
- There are no caps or limits to the amount of commission an employee can earn.
- On average 75% of the Collections Agents receive commission on a monthly basis.
- The commission an agent collects is based on personal performance. Most agents earn an additional $500 to $3000 per month.
Schedule and Hours
- Collections is only accepting full-time candidates.
- We prefer candidates that can work a full 40 hour week but anything over 32 hours a week is considered full time.
- The hours in the Collection department are 6:30 am to 10:00 pm Monday through Friday, and 7:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturdays.
- We request that all Collectors work at least one Saturday a month. Saturdays are scheduled by request.
- New employees will be hired for the following shifts: 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm & 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm
Any new hire is eligible to get on a waiting list for a preferred shift. We try our best to accommodate schedule requests and will work through the waitlist based on seniority and performance.
Acima understands that employment is the sum of many parts. Our compensation is very competitive. Our total benefits round out what we feel is a complete package. From day one you’ll experience:
- Wonderful opportunities for leadership promotion (because we’re growing so fast)
- Company catered lunches provided, at least, monthly
- Company activities (Ping-Pong tournaments, wellness challenges, etc.)
- A beautiful office centrally located near a trax and frontrunner station
- Department snacks and treats
- Employee referral bonus program
After 60 days you’ll have access to:
- Medical insurance
- Dental plans
- Vision plans
- Supplemental insurance (long-term/short-term disability, life insurance, etc.)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with Company Match
- Company paid holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
After 90 days you’ll have access to:
- 401(k) plan
- Daycare Reimbursement is available for qualifying employees. Acima will reimburse 25% of childcare costs up to $250 per month.
- 2+ years of Collections/Accounts Receivable experience or Sales
- Experience with an automated dialer or phone system
- Fluent in call center metrics - ACW, AHT, KPI’s
- Motivation to achieve personal and department goals
- Fluent in English, Bilingual Spanish and English speakers are encouraged to apply
- Cheerful attitude
- Ability to learn and adapt to new company initiatives
- General computer skills and knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft Office
- Self-motivation to achieve personal and department goals
- Perfect punctuality - arrive on time, each day, ready to work
- Basic mathematical knowledge of percentages and payment processes
- Basic typing and writing skills