Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP is a leading national law firm with multiple offices in the United States. With approximately 500 lawyers and 1,000 personnel, we are a traditional, yet innovative and diverse Firm and our people are our highest priority.
Our Chicago office is seeking a Collections Coordinator to support the administration of collection activities for the assigned clients, practice groups, and/or billing attorneys. A substantial part of this individual's workload will involve contacting attorneys and clients, as well as using electronic websites to verify status of invoices. This position requires an individual who is a quick study, shows attention to detail, and who can work effectively in a team environment to meet collection targets.
Essential Functions Include:
- Work with assigned attorneys to collect outstanding account receivables
- Identify problematic accounts receivable and strategize how to collect 90 day AR
- Monitor invoice status (e-billing and/or regular A/R) for clients and document A/R and unbilled inventory status in system; follow-up in efforts to ensure timely collection of invoices
- Work with other client accounts teams to resolve delinquent account receivables issues
- Document collections activity in appropriate databases and create collections calendar to handle client/attorney follow ups
- Perform routine data processing tasks and input relevant information into systems utilized to facilitate the collections processes
- Identify and help resolve problematic patterns and situations that may adversely impact billing and collections
Ideal candidate will have 2 years' experience with law firm collections and be proficient in Aderant/CMS, Elite, or other legal billing software.College degree preferred or equivalent experience.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life and AD&D Insurance, 401(k) savings plan and retirement, generous paid time off and opportunities for professional development.
Only candidates contacted for an interview will receive a response. As an EOE/AA employer, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Note To Agencies and Applicants: At this time, Hinshaw & Culbertson LLP will not be accepting applications submitted through search firms for this position. All qualified candidates must submit their own applications to be considered for this position.