Position Title Collections & Credit Support Specialist
Location Indianapolis, IN
Hourly Rate TBD
Duration 3 months, unless extended
Contractor benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(K).
Collections & Credit Support Specialist performs/responsible for collection of customer past due balances.
- Set collection priorities within assigned territory.
- Identify, research, communicate, and coordinate with cross functional/divisional groups regarding customer issues identified during the collection process.
- Reconcile and communicate outstanding items, as well as billing and payment discrepancies with customers.
- Negotiate acceptable payment plans with customers when necessary that will achieve both sales and cash flow objectives.
- Maintain records of all communications and collection activities within SAP.
Provides support by preparing and maintaining both routine and non-routine financial and accounting reports as required for payables, receivables, tax, collections and/or credit including:
Coordinates activity with Corporate Credit personnel to complete risk analysis including Credit Scoring Models and resolve credit line availability issues.
Researches issues within area of specialization (i.e. cash applications, receivables, payables, credit, and collection). Reviews and obtains approval of all orders placed in excess of established credit availability. Communicate orders on credit hold with customer, Sales, and Credit Management personnel along with action plan to resolve.
Follows established financial, accounting and credit policies and procedures to ensure quality and adherence to same.
Understands and implements all department policies, procedures, and processes in compliance with company auditing and best business practices.
Provides support and assistance as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
- Credit Business Associate (CBA) strongly preferred
- Previous experience/training in SAP
- Knowledge of commercial credit policies and regulations.
- Completed or working on Credit Administration Program (CAP) and Credit Business Associate (CBA)
- Demonstrated equivalent work experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to speak with Department Heads on business details
- Strong skills in organization, negotiation, persuasiveness, assertiveness, perseverance, follow-through, leadership and initiative. Self-starter.
Collections & Credit Support Specialist required education:
Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Business Management/Administration preferred
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.